Sleep Apnea Therapy in Ellensburg, WA
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a serious sleep disorder that affects approximately 18 million men and women in America. Characterized by excessive snoring and repetitive lapses in breathing, sleep apnea poses a significant risk to the health of the patient of not treated properly. Fortunately, there are a number of non-surgical solutions to sleep apnea and snoring, including sleep apnea therapy at Pearl Care Dental.
The Importance of Treating Sleep Apnea
When the soft tissues of the throat and mouth prevent proper breathing during sleep, the blood oxygen level in the blood decreases, often dropping to dangerous levels throughout the night. The majority of patients suffering from sleep apnea are unaware that they are affected until a sleep partner mentions their loud snoring or difficulty breathing at night. Other symptoms of OSA include:
- Daytime fatigue
- Difficulty focusing on daily tasks
- Nodding off at work, at school, or while driving
- Headaches in the morning
- Waking abruptly during the night with chest pain and/or shortness of breath
- Dry mouth and/or a sore throat
- Mood changes, including anxiety and depression
Sleep apnea therapy at Pearl Care Dental can help you reduce your risk of other potentially life-threatening complications related to untreated OSA, including:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Accidents at work or on the road
- Liver problems
- Chronic depression
- Complications with certain medications and surgical procedures
Sleep Apnea Therapy & Snoring Cessation in Ellensburg, WA
Because we understand that each of our patients is unique, our team specializes in developing customized sleep apnea treatment plans that take your individual needs and preferences into consideration from the very start. Our doctors and friendly staff will take the time to sit down with you to discuss your medical history, symptoms, concerns, and expectations in depth. In order to offer effective treatment for sleep apnea and snoring, we offer both CPAP and cutting-edge SomnoDent oral appliances. Each treatment option offers its own set of benefits, so our doctors will thoroughly explain the advantages of each before recommending one for you.
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) – This machine is commonly used to help patients with OSA breathe more easily while they sleep. A face mask and hose are connected to the CPAP machine, which delivers a steady stream of air throughout the night to prevent the collapse of the throat. Patients who choose to treat their OSA with CPAP often find that they begin to experience relief from their sleep apnea symptoms after just a few nights of treatment.
- SomnoDent oral appliance – This comfortable, customizable appliance (often called a nightguard or snore guard) is worn only while the patient sleeps, keeping the airway open to prevent snoring and instances of apnea. This device has proven successful in the treatment of mild to moderate sleep apnea in patients who have experienced difficulty adjusting to CPAP therapy.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you suspect that you or your sleeping partner may be suffering from obstructive sleep apnea, we invite you to contact our office today to schedule a consultation with our experienced, caring team. We genuinely look forward to helping you discover a sleep apnea solution that best suits your unique needs. Finally enjoy the restful, peaceful sleep you need and deserve with our state-of-the-art sleep apnea technology. Our warm, welcoming office is privileged to serve the comprehensive oral healthcare needs of families from throughout Ellensburg, WA and the surrounding areas.